Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would you look for largemouth right now? Any depths? Specific parts of a lake? Structure?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Find them on structure next to deep water or drop offs, they may also be suspending on drop offs so drop shotting may produce well. I caught one today along deep riprap dam and what seemed to be a brush pile (probably a christmas tree) sunk along the riprap.

D

·
0 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
Where would you look for largemouth right now? Any depths? Specific parts of a lake? Structure?
TFB-

Right now I like to fish shallow coves, shallow rip rap and other shallow structure/cover on the north side of a lake or pond.  The shallow water warms faster than deep water, and the waters on the north side catch the most direct rays of the sun, warming faster than similar structure on the south side.  Gonna hit a small lake with that kind of potential tomorrow and I'll let you know how we do.

Don

Shucks!! My buddy with permission to fish that little lake just had to cancel! Bummer.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. All I needed was a little point in the right direction- fishing a lake I've never fished for largemouth. It's supposed to be good! I'll let ya know how I do. Might be a couple weeks until I hit it though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts