Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
My initial thought to your post is a simple Texas Rig. I find whether they're aggressive or not it's fairly tough for a Bass not to (eventually) eat something that's sitting right in front of their face.

There's other finesse presentations as well, literally just google that. It's a patience game .. it's definitely not fast-paced, heart-pounding action. It's not simply burning a spinnerbait through and getting explosive strikes. Some may find it boring or intolerable but it definitely catches fish.

The only thing I would say on this is that you really probably don't need to go crazy on your tackle. There are a LOT of videos out there (all trying to one-up each other - more subscribers = more affiliate link $$) saying you need 60lb braid w a 15 or 20lb fluoro leader ... heavy gauge hooks ... a crazy heavy rod ... massive swimbaits with monster treble hooks ... etc.

I don't know, maybe in highly specific situations ... but for most applications I find moderate tackle to be quite appropriate. Especially if you're like me and just a recreational angler.

I've caught too many Bass with seriously busted lips (missing half their mouths or only one good eye) that if we collectively keep going down this road in the name of marketing/the fishing industry pushing the next big (unnecessary) thing, there might not be a ton of "lips to rip".

We live in an information overload world. At the end of the day, just try to keep it as simple as possible.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.