Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out for my last time on the boat today. wind was wicked for my little boat but toughed it out . managed seven fish, six smallmouth ranging from 14 inches to one at nineteen. caught one walleye at seventeen and a half.sorry to see the season end but bring on the ice. water temp was 38 degrees only six more to go for ice.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Thanks for the report. I thought about going out today, but had too much work around the house that needed completed.

Still not ready for ice. I hope to get my boat out one more time - either Blue Mesa or Granby - before end of year.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
The winds were brutal before sunset but it died down. There was even a "warm" breeze around 9-10PM. Unreal for this time of the year...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I was SOOOO asleep!
Give me another 40 years and I'll be asleep at 9PM. If I get to that age... We ended up fishing until 1AM because my friend insisted that we needed to get to our 6 fish limit. Numbers were not enough for him... :rolleyes: So we get our sixth fish a little before 1 AM. We do a count in our livewell and, lo and behold we already had six fish and that was actually number 7. :D Then we fished on the way back to the dock and caught too more keepers! :D Feast or famine... That was the worse keeper ration I have seen at Chatfield.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Ma said nothing good ever happens after midnight. I guess sshe was wrong!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts