Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished bear creek lake today in what i believe will be the last of the ice fishing season. the ice was still good a strong three to four inches in most spots but with the upcoming week of warm weather should be on the way out. the fishing was good caught two browns around 14inches many stocker rainbows and many stocker perch.(thank you fishing looney). all fish were caught in 22fow and most were caught using small jigs and wax worms with one being caught on a buckshot spoon and another on a minnow.i did manage one nice fat nine inch perch but she was released to scatter her eggs. mark fish in almost every hole i drilled some were stubborn and only looked others pounded like it was there first meal.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well they actually do. theyve taken small stunted perch out of the ponds down by chatfield and move them to various ponds and lakes around town, walla!stocker perch.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Way to stick with it Glenn! I didn't make it out on Sunday but I'm glad the perch are still there getting bigger. Makes it exciting for next year.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was hoping to see you jeff, had some ideas i wanted to run by you.anyway the perch look good bear creek has a chance to rival aurora for size if people will just give them a chance.give me a call

1 - 8 of 8 Posts