Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddy and I slept in this morning and went to town for a bit. We attempted to head back to Pueblo reservoir and were stopped. We were told it was at capacity and wouldn’t be able to get in so we decided to hit a brush Hollow. It was my first time hitting BH. It’s a beautiful little reservoir. There were bluegill EVERYWHERE along the shore. We caught them at will with small jigs and a piece of worm. Had we concentrated on catching them we could’ve gotten hundreds. We ended up throwing chicken liver for cats and caught a ton of tony channel cats. They kept us busy for a bit until we decided to try to get back in Pueblo. It was raining and cloudy so I figured we’d be able to get in. We were able to and I ended up hitting the dam again. I caught a few walleye on silver rattle traps, again, and called it a trip. We had a great time, got some good fish and caught like six species over the three day period. We got crappies, smallies, walleye, channels, bluegills and a wiper. Definitely wanna get down to Pueblo again soon. I’d like to take a belly boat out with my fly rod and get some walleye and wiper on the fly rod. If anyone wants to plan a trip, let’s do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Sounds like Pueblo was at capacity from about 1000 am to 6 pm. Horse tooth was full at 945 am. Absolutely crazy People need to get back to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts