Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been crazy trying to fit so many things into a 7 day time period. We've done so much and there's so much left to do. Let's start with yesterday:

Finally had our big fish fry, and it was a superb hit! I cooked for 18 people, proper fish and chips.

We had bluegill, crappie, rainbow trout, kokanee salmon, and mackinaw... an excellent spread. We sliced up 10 lbs of potatoes and fried em up nice and golden brown.

The fish fry was part of my daughter's premature first birthday. Her birthday isn't until next month, but the Colorado family wanted to do a party and so the fish fry ensued.

She got STAR treatment!

Here's the birthday girl opening presents (with her brother helping)

And... STRAIGHT UP SMASHING A CAKE!

The party was a hit, and afterwards, we left the girls at home and my two Uncles and I hit the race track!

**Buck and Uncle Lance getting ready to race!

Good night... excellent fun.

Today, I took the boy to the aquarium. We saw some cool stuff, that place is really well ran!

**The Pike and muskie display (with some smallies in there for good measure)

**Seahorses

**Badass Lionfish

**Sawfish

**Piranha

**Jellyfish

**SHARK FACE!!!!

Anyway, just trying to make the last week as memorable as possible. We will miss this place.

The next few days are hardcore packing and cleaning. Wish us luck.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did want to... but I REALLY wanted a shot at the cutbows they had in there... Must have gone 30" easy...

They also had a goliath grouper that could have about swallowed me.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot guys. =)

Thanks for sharing, that fish fry looks amazing!

It was epic... I had two oil pans going, I did trout in one pan, gills, crappie, and salmon in the other. Cooked a total of 42 fish.

In this pic, you see bluegill at the top, one rainbow trout filet in the middle, and then crappie at the bottom.

All the fish were eaten, not a scrap left over... and now my freezer is completely empty of fish. =)

Good timing, right before we move.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Thanks alot guys. =)

It was epic... I had two oil pans going, I did trout in one pan, gills, crappie, and salmon in the other. Cooked a total of 42 fish.

In this pic, you see bluegill at the top, one rainbow trout filet in the middle, and then crappie at the bottom.

All the fish were eaten, not a scrap left over... and now my freezer is completely empty of fish. =)

Good timing, right before we move.
Damn you, fried panfish are my favorite! What kinda batter is that?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Half cornmeal, half flour... Seasoned with cajun red pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, salt.

I usually make my own fish fry using the exact same ingredients, but I found a packaged fry that tastes virtually identical to mine.

It is distributed by Zatarains, and is called (simply) New Orleans Fish Fry. This is what I used yesterday. Wash the filets under cold water, shake off excess liquid, roll in fry, drop in super hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes (depending on thickness of the filet).... Bluegill only requires 30 seconds in the oil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts