Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a lot to report; with the change in weather I was hoping to get into a few saugeye. I fished a few local ponds well into the rainy night and got the skunk. I threw rattle traps, twister tails, and x-raps.

Fished Chatty this morning and could not find the walleye. Saw a few boats coming off the lake around 6a.m. - hard core guys; bet they did well. Caught a few smallies and trout to beat the skunk on typical fare.

Looking forward to the Harvest Moon - last full moon I caught a bunch of shorts and 3 solid channel cats. It was a rare moment when the cats were crushing shad on the surface, I was sticking em on twister tails, lol. We will see what I can pull off this time.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, I was pretty lucky!

At first I thought I had a MA walter each time, but the heavy runs to the bottom let me know it was a cat. Ultra light & #6 line is the best on cats - drag screaming - is my pole going to break fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.