Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer is down so I haven't been able to post anything for the past two or three weeks. I thought I would just combine my fishing excursions from this period into one report.

Part 1: Wyoming Slimers
Took a solo trip north of the border on Friday afternoon (April 18th) since some of the lakes around here just weren't thawing. Got skunked in the few hours I fished before retiring for the night. After an interesting experience in cheap motel in laramie I headed to a new spot in hopes of finding a big brownie. Threw jerkbaits 90% of the day from my float tube and only landed two fish despite putting in a hard ten hours. However, they were pretty decent.

First fish came at probably 5+ pounds

Long period of nothing before this guy, probably around 4.5. Nice getting into some bigger fish but was kind of bummed about not getting that brownie, so I headed home that night. Hopefully I don't get banned from this site for posting some trout.

Part 2: 3 guys, 4PBs!:confused:
The next Friday I decided to risk the three hour drive after class in hopes of some decent fishing with my dad and his buddy. Got to the lake an hour before dark and not much happened, but we were just waiting for the sun to go down. 30-40 minutes into the darkness my dad nailed this walleye that despite being only 25.25 inches, weighed in at just under 9 lbs!! The best part was that he thought he snagged up....classic walleye fight.:)

Pretty slow for a while after with just one for my dad under 20. Then out of nowhere his buddy hooks into this monster bass!
:eek:
This pig taped out at 20.5 inches and over 6 pounds! As a guy that doesn't catch too many bass, this fish absolutely blew my mind, I don't think I had ever even seen a three pounder. Probably the most awesome specimen I have ever been in the same boat with.

At this point I am thinking that I drove all this way just to take some pics and was getting a tad irritated. Then finally at 11:30 I hooked up with my biggest walleye at 24.25 inches.

The night ended with my dads buddy getting a PB crappie (no pic, it was about 13). Sorry kind of an anti-climatic way to end that story.

Was back on the front range last week looking for bass after that monster got my blood boiling. No luck with them but did pick up a walleye at 22 inches before dark. Hopefully fishing the next few weeks will just get better!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Awesome fish and report way to get all those pbs in one night.... now I know someone's going to ask.... what happened at the motel up north?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Glad you got the computer working.

Nice fisheeez

Thanks for posting

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome fish and report way to get all those pbs in one night.... now I know someone's going to ask.... what happened at the motel up north?
It's really not that great of a story. I locked my keys in my truck and found a way online to get it unlocked with a screwdriver and metal rod. When I went to ask the guy at the front desk for those materials he just said, "yeah let me help you out, I have had to do this a million times" hmmm....... But in all seriousness he was a cool guy, don't think he was actually serial car jacker. haha

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2nd pic I know that spot-
Its funny you should mention that, I looked into some old school reports of some of your big brownies and had an idea where you were fishing and that influenced my decision to go there. Looks like you confirmed it was the same spot! Also looks like you did much better than me, I couldn't even find one brown:mad: Guess I have to start pitching those dam krocodiles.....

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
Its funny you should mention that, I looked into some old school reports of some of your big brownies and had an idea where you were fishing and that influenced my decision to go there. Looks like you confirmed it was the same spot! Also looks like you did much better than me, I couldn't even find one brown:mad: Guess I have to start pitching those dam krocodiles.....
Usually its more brownies in the fall-

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Aaron's bass is one of the better bass ive seen caught in recent years. He had to endure a few trips of pretty heavy struggling to get that fish hahahaha. Just gotta keep at it. Good job fellahs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts