Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and my fav guide on my fav lake. First Bernie pulls the rope outta the starter of my fav machine he has...shoulda seen the look on his face. Then in true Bernie fashion and tradition, is totally professional in scooting us around. Man we worked hard for dude, and he worked twice as hard for us. Group today was me, Tthepikester, Soxfan n Bernie, Z had to work but sent his best to Bernie via Soxfan with a resounding slap to the back of Bernie's head, which Bernie in turn returned the favor to Z via me in "This one's for Z". Z I'm gonna pass it on when I see ya. We each caught a fish. Sox lost 2 more than likely bigguns, but was his 1st time out with this crew, and it can be rough...we work hard. Another biggun for me, I'm easily double digits on double digit fish. To finish the trip my fav guide's battery was dead. Left him there with 2 good machines and 1 dead one. Wonder if he ever made it home ;D j/k glad I had jumper cables. Can't wait for ice off and my next trip with Z n Bernie next month.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grababrewski said:
Sounds like a good way to end the ice season. How was the ice up there?
Hard ice in the am...literally water in the late afternoon, still good but once the edges give in the next couple of days it'll be over.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
colonative said:
grababrewski said:
Sounds like a good way to end the ice season. How was the ice up there?
Hard ice in the am...literally water in the late afternoon, still good but once the edges give in the next couple of days it'll be over.
Well, I guess it's about time to summerize the auger.
Oh yeah, nice fish!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Damn Mark. A beautiful day on the ice and you didn't even break out the yeti chest? ;D

No wonder you only landed 1.

Glad you had a good last ice trip. I haven't fished for macks yet this year.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Nice! I'm gonna take a guess, 32 inches, 14 pounds? We are hitting your favorite lake tomorrow for what might be the last ice trip there this year. Hope not!

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lake1177 said:
Nice! I'm gonna take a guess, 32 inches, 14 pounds? We are hitting your favorite lake tomorrow for what might be the last ice trip there this year. Hope not!
I'm thinking you're gonna be probably just right on it. Bernie put it at 34 16-17. The head on this fish is huge. Great fight...tested me good.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Nice Monster Mac!

Think I'm done w/ the ice too.. :-\ Was going to go one more time tomorrow, but thinking of taking the kids to the Downtown Aquarium instead..

Great fish to end the season w/, Props!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts