Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out optimesticly looking for ice after this weeks warm spell. drove to Chatfield ponds that was a no go couldn't get on the shoreline, went to boat ramp area same fate there's guys still fishing south end pretty far out. ended up at bear creek and with some creative searching got on the ice. once on the remains ice was in surprising good shape six inches were I drilled. ended up with five stockers in about a hour of fishing every hole had fish did not want to keep any but two of them swallowed my tungsten jig and ill be damn if im cutting them off for a stocker. so they are now tonights dog food. so this week is going to be cold again if your not tired of front range ice most shorelines should firm up enjoy it spring will be here soon enough

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so I went back yesterday this time thinking it really was the last trip for front range ice, the ice was good no problem getting on or off and made it out close to the damn.still picking up trout everywhere with was discouraging to say the least but when I got to my spot I managed three perch and three saugeyes so there's still hope for the lake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.