Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get Kiwi out the last two Sundays, and how opposite they were!

The Sunday before, I put 10+ miles on my boots, so Kiwi prolly did 25-30! ;D

...and we saw ZERO birds!

This past Sunday, I shoulda had my first limit! ::)...she did her part, I just couldn't seal they deal on my end and help her out! We managed to still down three, but lost one. I still added it to my limit though, and we headed home happy & content as could be! :-*

She has a few things to work on, but she sure is coming around allright despite her trainer :p

She is not too happy with me here! ;) ...I made her hold this one after a very long sailing retrieve! (She brang it back from WAY out beyond the furthest haybales in the pic! ...but she had got a bit sloppy on a couple of birds recently >:D)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Nice Job! :)

It's killin' me that I only made it out three times this year, twice here and once in South Dakota...

Heard from a family friend that there are still plenty of birds out there, so hope for a good spring nesting season!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Congrats on a fun season, and what looks like the beginning of a great partnership! You just got to pull your weight, haha! I am joking with you, I sware my dog gives me the evil stare when I miss.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Killer, man!!! Thanks for posting. 8)

D.J.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
She's a beauty. I foresee many long, successful, and fun years in the field with her. Thanks for posting. ;)

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Great job! My hunting partner of the last 13 years got his last birds in December - only the 2nd time We've limited out in Colorado. Havoc (Weimaraner) is officially retired. From now on, he will do his hunting from the couch.

Enjoy your pup while you can. The time goes by WAY too fast.

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Kiwi is a good looking dog. Nice to see there's a solid group of Pheasant Hunters here on the forum. We should start a discussion on here.... There's probably some common ground we like to run on....

BHR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts