Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going early tomorrow to George Town to try and do some ice fishing. If anyone wants to join me let me know. If you have any tips for fishingat George Town please post them. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Take extra auger blades or use somebodies else's auger, because of lots of sand/dirt in the ice.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You'll catch fish, small but it's a fun numbers day. I will never go there again cause of the dirty ice. Kiss your blades good bye.

As far as fish size I would rather go to Evergreen. Same size fish and action ( Georgetown will have an occasional bigger fish though, but not enough to make me go there) and a nicer setting without all the highway traffic. Closer too. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
You'll catch fish, small but it's a fun numbers day. I will never go there again cause of the dirty ice. Kiss your blades good bye.

As far as fish size I would rather go to Evergreen. Same size fish and action ( Georgetown will have an occasional bigger fish though, but not enough to make me go there) and a nicer setting without all the highway traffic. Closer too. Just a suggestion.
I would echo the same tips.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ok, I'll give it a shot. What tips can you give me a Evergreen? Most importantly where to fish?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Sorry, just saw this. Anywhere on evergreen works,lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, just saw this. Anywhere on evergreen works,lol.
We got to fish for about 3 hours and did ok. We got five fish and four of them were big enough to keep. It got crazy windy and we hard to go. They really liked the Tungsten jigs tipped with salmon eggs did well. We only saw one other person catch a fish. The really strange thing was that the fish had whole kernel corn in their stomachs. Who been putting corn down the ice holes? lol

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yup, people chum (illegal) with corn. I've seen fish in Granby full of corn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts