Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe-
Heck of a way to spend my B-day. Me and Tony caught easy 20-30 fish apiece.

Goldens, Cuttys, and the main target, Macs.

We ended up vertical jigging tubes from the rocks about 10-12 feet above the water. When we hooked one we had to lead them around and down to where you could get close enough to the water to land them. Suffice to say we lost many including the biggest ones but it was still an absolute blast!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Nice looks like great BD trip, white meat is overated, I prefer the other pink meat,lol.
I do have some white meated king Salmon and lots of Halibut in the freezer though.
Fingers in the gills isn't cool for released fish.

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
is Fingers in the gills isn't cool for released fish.
Never knew that-

So I guess since I had a finger on it's GILLPLATE I shoulda bashed its head with a rock to ENSURE that it would not survive?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Never knew that-

So I guess since I had a finger on it's GILLPLATE I shoulda bashed its head with a rock to ENSURE that it would not survive?
You can do whatever you want, I just gave you a friendly tip on how to properly release fish. I know you normally slay them instead of releasing but if you plan on posting released fish on the internet and want to give them the best chance to survive it would pay to learn some basic fish handling practices, Happy Birthday.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
happy birthday mike, mine was last week, but i still think your older then me.pretty sure all those fish you released are now dead or dying a slow torturous death. hows that make you feel? bet you won't sleep a wink tonight. by the way we've been catching perch and bluegills at chatty some that we released were missing parts of there lips.once again happy bd.
glenn

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
happy birthday mike, mine was last week, but i still think your older then me.pretty sure all those fish you released are now dead or dying a slow torturous death. hows that make you feel? bet you won't sleep a wink tonight. by the way we've been catching perch and bluegills at chatty some that we released were missing parts of there lips.once again happy bd.
glenn
Hah! You murdering *******! Thx Glenn, HBD TO YOU TOO-

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Anybody that knows me knows I'd scold my own brother for that when it comes to handling lakers released... I knew nobody would get there feelees hurt... You guys need to come up to Ak and see what its like dealing with a big Halibut going gangbusters on the boat deck while your trying to bonk it!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts