Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed this last full moon period because I was sick and i went to KC for five days. So I was jonesin to get one more big Eye before Ice. Didn't happen :mad:

Went out last night for three hours and got the skunk. Wasn't really surprised! I always struggle during this dark phase of the moon.

Went out tonight for another three hours and did a little better. I quickly caught three nice slimers and lost two others. Then i went 2 hours with nothing. Right as I was about to write off this season I got bit. Nothing big. But a nice 23" fish that was a chunk ;D I may be done till we have a metro lid?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Sounds like the night crew hard at work again. Nice fish Neal. Seem like the eyes always have lock jaw on a dark phase of the moon..

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cocoking said:
Sounds like the night crew hard at work again. Nice fish Neal. Seem like the eyes always have lock jaw on a dark phase of the moon..
It's not impossible but it is definately harder! Some kind of ripple on the water would of helped both nights also!! It was glass still.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Neal/CO said:
;D I may be done till we have a metro lid?
Don't be done yet - I'd say keep fishing until the jerkbaits start bouncing off the (hard) water. That's my plan. I've not been out as much as I'd like and have yet to stick a big 'eye on a big swimbait this season, but I can't give up, not yet.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FishDr said:
Neal/CO said:
;D I may be done till we have a metro lid?
Don't be done yet - I'd say keep fishing until the jerkbaits start bouncing off the (hard) water. That's my plan. I've not been out as much as I'd like and have yet to stick a big 'eye on a big swimbait this season, but I can't give up, not yet.
I hope I can get out again before ice? Maybe this 50 degree weather will hold a little bit longer?

It's funny that people are hanging ultra small jigs in stealth mode already thru the ice and i had 19' bows blasting a 5" jerkbait tonight ??? And people don't think fishing is a science!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Nice! That's a fatty! I've already been snuck up on by local lids starting to form... NO FUN!!!

C'mon spring! ;D

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Great stuff, Neal!

I wanted to hit a spot last night, but it already has ice around the edges... Lame....

Good on you, for finding the open water and making it work!

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
I don't think you're done. Weather is warm and they're predicting high winds. Soda Lake down by Bear Creek was frozen when I drove by yesterday morning....yesterday afternoon driving back home, it was wide open.

Other lakes and ponds in the metro area are going to do the same thing

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
That Guy said:
I don't think you're done. Weather is warm and they're predicting high winds. Soda Lake down by Bear Creek was frozen when I drove by yesterday morning....yesterday afternoon driving back home, it was wide open.

Other lakes and ponds in the metro area are going to do the same thing
I've noticed the same thing in my neck of the woods Ed......fat lady hasn't sung yet and there isn't anything much in the way of icemaking weather in the 7day forecast either.

Nice fat fish Neal!!!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Wasnt that your first and last walleye of 2010?...I know you hear me barking...nice...at least someone is getting out...hard to believe I have to live vicariously through the Purple Princess...cripeZ!!...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zman said:
Wasnt that your first and last walleye of 2010?...I know you hear me barking...nice...at least someone is getting out...hard to believe I have to live vicariously through the Purple Princess...cripeZ!!...
You need to get out "Net Boy" ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts