Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Gross last weekend with three friends. Hiked to the inlet. The low water (like 25 feet low) made fishing difficult and it quickly got crowded. No Kokes to be seen. Hiked to a spot closer to the dam and I proceeded to try and catch some Lakers... but no success other than two 16" ish followers. Still a fun day though. The little rainbows were super hungry and we caught a decent number of them.

Gross is a fickle beast. I go there because it is close to home, and I have had some epic days there. I also have had my fair share of skunks. Thinking about trying Barker some morning before work to see if I do any better there.

Also I have not seen Kokes at Gross since 2011... What is the deal with that???

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the report. What do you catch there when you have a good day?
A good day at Gross is usually a numbers game. It has been a while for me, but I have had some days where it seemed like you could not keep the Lakers off your hook. Not much size to them. Averaging 14 to 16 inches, and I think the biggest I have caught was about 24 inches. I also know that though they are few and far between, there are some tanker browns in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts