Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the last 9 days of April off so I'm going fishing. Looking for recommendations on the best places to go largemouth bass fishing say within 500 miles of Denver. I was thinking about heading east to Kansas. Maybe a couple of days at Norton and then 4-5 days at Wilson??? Just looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Quail Creek in Utah is a heck of a nice lake... not sure the milage, but I love it out there. Some real nice fish and awesome scenery. Gunlock is like twenty miles away if no love at Quail.

SS

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beadheadred said:
Texas..... worth the trip 8)
Went to Lake Fork in March of 2010. Had a great time. It's a long trip though and right now, I don't have anyone else going with me. What lakes would you suggest? It I went to Texas, I'd like to stay around Amarillo area to cut down the drive time. I don't remember finding any great largemouth lakes close to Amarillo when I did research last year. I don't mind doing the hotel thing but I was kinda hoping to take camper and camp out at the lake...

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
I'd hit up Norton in the am...then head east down 36 to Webster res...Webster is almost full! A lot of new structure to play around there. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts