Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Chatfield from 10:00pm till' 2:30am drowned worms, and leeches, threw Castmasters and Rapalas on the point south of the fishing pier..... NOTHING!! moved down along the east side of the lake.. same thing different spot and nothing, probably should have brought the boat :(. Anyone had any luck at Chatfield for anything other than smallies? ??? I mean from shore.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
about a week ago I caught a nice fat 19" walleye down in the south cove.  I was fishing all types of cranks, tried jigging, nothing.  My arms were so tired I threw a lindy rigged inflated worm on about 18" of leader out about 25 feet from shore so I could rest.  BAM!  I got my supper.  Of course it would have to be dinner the next night, I caught the fish at almost midnight. 

Then a few days later I am trolling crankbaits in that same south cove at about 9:30 or so, and caught a nice 15" walley in the same vicinity.   He was in about 5 fow.  Point being, I find the walleyes are very shallow at night.  Fishing that pier (if Im thinking of the right one) it gets pretty deep there and if you cast to far, you may be going right over the fish you are trying to catch.  Try Massey Draw, or the swim beach humps after dark.  Maybe that south cove towards plum creek.  Point is find a spot  where no matter haow far you cast up or down the shore you keep it shallow. You may be surprised.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts