Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually fish along the 4wd trails with my Jeep but it is busted for awhile until I do my new rear axle swap.

Anyway I planned on taking the family fishing but need some ideas that are less than a 2 hour drive (prefer 1.5 or less but no big deal) from the Highlands Ranch South Denver area. I am planning on going on Saturday and would prefer a nice lake but a river with some real opportunity to catch something is ok too. I do not want to go to Chatfield or Cherry Creek it should be in the mountains or foothills.

Something I had in mind but on the edge of distance is Twin Lakes.

It needs to be accessable with a car.

The type of fish is not important we just like to get out into the mountains and enjoy things a bit.

sorry for the last minute post but I just found this site. Looks pretty cool. I will offer some high country trail spots later as I get used to this forum. Most of the places I have fished lately are on 4wd trails like Loch Lohman and Grizzly.

Keith

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
There is 11-mile. Not too sure how it is fishing right now but it is right at the 2 hour limit.

There is also Jefferson Lake, about 2/3 of the way to 11-mile, good for lakers, ask 1eyered about there he did very well last week if I recall. (actually it was his girlfriend who did really well)

Dan

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
glad to meet ya rat fish

yea that jefferson sound like a good bet if the fish ol 1eyered and his lady pulled out of there are an indication

good luck and get your fish on

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Yeah, Jefferson is good. Not too far of a drive. I'd say about 1 hr and a half from Lakewood. I was only there like twice this year. Plan on going again for sure. Use the search tool and just type in Jefferson. There's some directions in a couple of different threads. Decent lake trout fishing and the brookies in the stream below the lake are yummy! Quite a few campsites, might I add. There is however, a $4 fee to get in tho which aint a probelm. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys Jefferson Looks perfect. I will post what we catch next week. I have 3 kids and they all like to fish. Especially my 8 year old son. This will be the first time my wife goes too.

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts