Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm new to fishing Colorado and will be camping at Lathrop State Park in about 2 weeks. I wanted to bring the float tube out and catch some fish. Has anyone been recently or can anyone offer any advice or info? Probalbly looking into bass or trout. Thanks in Advance! :cool:

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
A word of caution-it is almost always windy down there-don't know why but can't count the times I had to get off the lake by 10. With a float tube that should be less of a problem. Pike in Martin, tiger muskie in Horseshoe. Decent bass fishing.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
The grotto is cool to take spooky goth cholo pictures at.. Other than that i can't help.

I know one of the lakes has sauger, not walleyes or saugeyes...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I'm just hoping the weather is a little nicer than this weekend lol.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Not far down the road is Trinidad res-its a better lake for trout and bass (large and smallies) and has walleye also. Only about 40 miles away. Some really nice campgrounds on the north end of the lake. You would likely do better there.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Take a look at Colorado City. There is camping and a not far away nice lake to float fish from .
Got kids?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take a look at Colorado City. There is camping and a not far away nice lake to float fish from .
Got kids?
No kids for me. Will be camping with a group of friends at Lathrop, but don't think any of them fish. Gonna bring a few extra poles though for my buddies kids if they want to try their luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not far down the road is Trinidad res-its a better lake for trout and bass (large and smallies) and has walleye also. Only about 40 miles away. Some really nice campgrounds on the north end of the lake. You would likely do better there.
Thanks, I will have to check this one out another weekend :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts