Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I got up this morning and left the house at 7:00 ready for anything. We got up to Leadville and went to Forbay Res. above Twin Lakes. We threw out PB and worms on the bottom while we tossed out some lures as well. I got my first rainbow around 10:30, and it went from there. I eneded up catching 6, and my buddy got 3, the limit is 4/person so we took 8. I NEVER keep fish, but we are having a big old fish cooking party tonight with a bunch of people so yeah, I did. It only took us 2 hours to get our limit and clean them. Some had really nice pink meat. The weather was gorgeous, 59 degrees in town. The aspens are all turning.

On the way down we fished the river below Twin Lakes (arkansas?) and had a few follow ins but no hookups.

Then we stopped and some ponds below Fremont Pass and caught a few brookies on small kastys. Amazing day of fishing!!!!

Readty for the arseanl tomorrow? If youll be there drop me a note!

Couldn't have been a better view from our fishing spot.

Yeah buddy, today's catch. Don't be mad I swear this is the first time I've kept any fish in like a year.

Brookies! so pretty, small as you can see, but so pretty, tiny silver kasty.

I LOVE FISHING !!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
now thats how you spend a day !!!what was your biggest fish

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fishinguitars said:
now thats how you spend a day !!!what was your biggest fish
I didn't weigh it, but you cn see it hanging down in the middle. It's on the grill right now.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to get into a mess of brookies ......talk about a perfect breakfast meal ....brook trout and some eggs ....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, THAT'S IT! I'm giving up on the cats and going after the trout. Now, where's my trout stuff......... :mad:

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Mustang --- Great report (as usual  :)).
Hey, report on your fishing tomarrow asap. I'm going 2 out of the next 3 Sundays. Going the 2nd (of Oct) for sure, but haven't decided on this Sunday yet. Although I got some nice sized Bass last time, it was the slowest time I've gone. Thanks, and good luck tomarrow.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
that was a really good lookin brookie

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone.

James, I may not go to the arsenal tomorrow after all, because my friend who was gonna go with me blew me off, and I don't feel like driving after yesterday, and I should really get some sleep. Sorry man. The best advice I can offer you is:

Bass-green tubes slow slow slow slow slow on the bottom, whacky rigged senkos, also veeeeerrrrry slow

cats- blood stinkbait on bottom

pike- not much experience, but black musky buck type thing, black with silver spinner, worked close to the bottom

Sorry. If I do end up going I will report of course

1 - 12 of 12 Posts