Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can’t believe it took me 5 years of ice fishing or even fishing open water to realize that you just need to move to deep water to keep getting into rainbows/browns after a certain time. They’re just as active feeding in deep as they are in shallows after they move out. (Or the bite was just on no matter what.) 😄

Made my way onto where everyone and their mom and dad and uncles went. Here is the trip: https://youtu.be/N2jxBx_AYJo

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
believe it or not I don’t read about or watch videos on this stuff. So I figure it out on my own. I always thought that once the bite stops in shallows they’re done feeding

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
The only thing I get from videos is Where to go. And When.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I get from videos is Where to go. And When.
Yea, man I have been lucky enough from having this videos up to meet awesome fisherman and people that give tips on places to fish and learn how to fish for them and people telling me how to do it right! So I appreciate you all! I learn from the people in these forums that have been doing it for a very long time!

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Follow the food, as the weeds die, the food moves, the die off happens shallow first, then migrates deeper. If you follow the weed die of start time in the fall, you can just follow the pattern into the winter based on that time. If die off happens earlier in the fall, just advance your timeline and go deeper sooner. Then learn the mid/late season ice troll game......

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow the food, as the weeds die, the food moves, the die off happens shallow first, then migrates deeper. If you follow the weed die of start time in the fall, you can just follow the pattern into the winter based on that time. If die off happens earlier in the fall, just advance your timeline and go deeper sooner. Then learn the mid/late season ice troll game......
Thanks for the tips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts