Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some 1/4" netting, similar to a minnow dip net, that i want to convert into a few leech tamers.
question is... can those slimey little boogers get through a 1/4" hole? :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
ItsaBigun said:
i have some 1/4" netting, similar to a minnow dip net, that i want to convert into a few leech tamers.
question is... can those slimey little boogers get through a 1/4" hole? :D
Yes. Easily.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
From what our bait guy told me, they actually do not need to be in water, they just need to be cool and wet. I would think some wet sphagnum moss in a small tupperware would work fine for trips. Sphagnum is anti-microbial, so it might even keep them happy.

Disclaimer: never tried this, just a thought.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok... next question...
what about using the material from an old pool cover, very fine webbing but very durable stuff... does it have to be a soft material for any reason? thx

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shaun Solomon said:
From what our bait guy told me, they actually do not need to be in water, they just need to be cool and wet. I would think some wet sphagnum moss in a small tupperware would work fine for trips. Sphagnum is anti-microbial, so it might even keep them happy.

Disclaimer: never tried this, just a thought.
keeping them cool is the problem... lots of room at camp for coolers but space in the boat is at a premium :-\

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D :D ;D...
brain damage... that ship has sailed... out of work and 14 bucks is hard to justify for a webbed sack right now... besides, compared to re-upholstering boat seats a sack prolly won't kill too many brain cells :D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Pad Thai said:
cant leeches bite you? does it hurt if it does?
Yes - just about everything can bite. Stings a bit, followed by a numbing sensation. If you are lucky your immune system can fight off the poison quick enough to be able to take another bite when that first leech falls off your hook. If your immune system is weak your boyz will fall off and you become afraid of moths.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
setthehook said:
Yes - just about everything can bite. Stings a bit, followed by a numbing sensation. If you are lucky your immune system can fight off the poison quick enough to be able to take another bite when that first leech falls off your hook. If your immune system is weak your boyz will fall off and you become afraid of moths.
OH MAN, that was so funny. Wow. Afraid of moths... ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Pad Thai said:
i dont want my balls to fall off. ill stay away from them.
So, Pad Thai-

I've got some worthless swamp land prime commercial real estate worth a fortune that I can let you have dirt cheap.........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts