Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I hate leeches, them good for nothi,,,,

OH, Leeches, the ones for fishing! Is the leech bite happening yet? Seems a bit cold.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Once the water temps get into the 50s, the leech bite starts. Sold a lot of them
today, so it must be starting up.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I started using them for the first time last year and love um. Great action and they stay alive a long time.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

Don, Do you guys have Minnows?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ok, from a non-leech user.......how do you use them as bait. Are they good for bass, walleye and trout?? Since nightcrawlers, spinners, Kastmasters and other lures are doing much good at Chatfield, what about using the leeches??
OH PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE........tell me something I can use to catch some fish with.
Cody

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
They all love leeches. Mostly bass and walleye though, but hook it right under thier sucker, drop it down and wait. We kicked butt with them last year at Chatfield and CC. I cant wait.

Does Sportsmans here in Littleton carry them does anyone know? New store, not sure of suplly yet.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Don just put a post of his fishing day yesterday in the fishing reports section. Yet more proof that the Leech bite is warming up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
cowboyfisherman said:
Ok, from a non-leech user.......how do you use them as bait. Are they good for bass, walleye and trout?? Since nightcrawlers, spinners, Kastmasters and other lures are doing much good at Chatfield, what about using the leeches??
OH PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE........tell me something I can use to catch some fish with.
Cody
the key to using leeches, is moving slower. let the bait do the work, you're just moving it from spot ot spot. i use a lindy rig( 1/4-3/8 oz walking sinker-6' snell if active, 12' snell when not)most of time. forward troll with bow mount at lowest setting just to over come waves and/or wind. or i use my tiller boat and backtroll with a drift sock. boat control is everything!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts