Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you guys read my report yesterday, I got broken off by a good bass and mentioned wanting to hook and land it so I could remove the hook and bait hanging from its mouth....well, tonight I did just that. I went back to the same spot and saw the fish sitting on its bed, again. I worked a zoom minnow type soft plastic around the bed for a bit and got bit.
I actually didn’t see the fish bite my bait because the fish swam off and I casted beyond the bed which is where she grabbed my soft plastic. I did, however, see my line jump and I set the hook. My bait from yesterday was obvious in the corner of its mouth as I brought it in. Proceeded to land it and remove not one but TWO HOOKS. Felt good.
Yesterday I felt bad for leaving a hook in its mouth...whether or not I planned on it. I ended up getting another good fish and one smaller one. I also had a couple that came off. Another good day in the books! God, I love fishing. Tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
good job I guess karma is definitely on your side curious since im not a bass fisherman but have read a fair amount on it does anybody give you a hard time for fishing for them on their beds I know from reading some fisherman thinks this is a highly unethical practice. like I said im in no way making judgement cause I dont fish for them more just curious

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good job I guess karma is definitely on your side curious since im not a bass fisherman but have read a fair amount on it does anybody give you a hard time for fishing for them on their beds I know from reading some fisherman thinks this is a highly unethical practice. like I said im in no way making judgement cause I dont fish for them more just curious
I’m sure some people look down on it but I couldn’t really care less. As soon as I release them they go right back their bed. This lake isn’t really hurting for bass, either. They’re doing super well here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts