Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to steamboat for a few days for some work, but will have some time lounging in the Yampa. If you want to fish and hang out, let me know.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Probably not gonna do that good. River is running very low.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I believe there a voluntary fishing ban thru Steamboat because of the low water and high water temperature. They recommend fishing only in the early morning and keeping the fish in the water while releasing them as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, that's low. Regardless, I'll be there, lets hang out and look at the river.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
just returned from Steamboat - river is in depressing state - low and warm. Steamboat lake is fishing well - Beautiful flock of cranes nesting in the Islands.

When I returned yesterday it was cooler in Denver.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Screw that crap. Go walleye fishing-

better yet go to Elkhead and flail up some pike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Screw that crap. Go walleye fishing-

better yet go to Elkhead and flail up some pike.
tell me more, what fly patterns and leader for pike? I'll be in craig thursday, perhaps I can fish before or after. Love some pike and bass fishing. Please, you are most welcome and encouraged to tag along if you have the chance.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Heck you're the flailer, I would guess 15lb floro leader and some bunny flies? Or big wooly buggers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New to the fly game and area, spinfisher by nature. I'll throw a big ugly spinnerbait or spook and see what I can muster up. Any areas or parking spots you can suggest?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts