Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With ice melting, and lakes opening! Lets get talking so we all can catch some pigs!!!
This year is going to be alsome! Thanks to lots of people on here i have learned a lot in the last 2 years!!! It has been a blast!

Everyone knows slow is the key when early ice off!!

I like to vertical jig when early ice off!! Find humps ranging a difference of 5-10 feet!!! Find where it heats up first! But like i said i have done great vertical jigging, make sure you get your jig in that fishes face!!!!

I like fishing dark color craw fish imatations super slow in shallow water that is heating up. Set the hook on the slightest bump!!!!

I usally target the warmest part on the lake, and look for rocky warm areas!!!!!!

What do you like to do early ice off when fishing for bass??

Lets hear some tips!!!

Good luck all!

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
I'll throw a rooster tail until the spawn ends in August. :D

I would rather protect the fish full of eggs so don't slam me for being scarcastic. I know the kid won't kill'em but I can't speak for anyone else who may be reading these threads.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rocks are good. Finding water that is a couple of degrees warmer than other areas is good. Slow is good, but don't think these fish won't hit a fast moving bait in colder water. ;)

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
longdraw said:
k0diak said:
longdraw said:
I'll throw a rooster tail until the spawn ends in August. :D
If you like those, you should see those new Blue Fox Double Bladed In-line Spinners we have in stock! :eek: :eek:
Nah, Roostertail is my go-to bass bait. I like pitching them into laydowns.
That's a good call! Dude you have got to give those Super Dupers a chance this season! $!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flying Fish said:
Rocks are good. Finding water that is a couple of degrees warmer than other areas is good. Slow is good, but don't think these fish won't hit a fast moving bait in colder water. ;)
I know some people that get them on some faster baits,
its not on my list because i have not tryed it yet...
I like slow!!

But i will try a couple days with some faster baits!!!

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
human cannonball said:
Topwater. Definately.
Ill prolly do nothin but drag tubes slow, toss jerks, and throw spinnerbaits until early summer.....then out come the cranks n senkos.

Draggin tubes will be the best though... ^-^

·
Registered
244 Posts
Fishingkid....what to you like to vertically jig with? curly tail Grubs, craw patterns, spoons? I haven't had the best luck in colder temps, but a jig with a craw trailer (paca chunk) seem to work the best for me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Jerkies, tubes, spinnerbaits, and cranks that dive 5-10ft(somethin about that depth that is just magical during the early season).....oh yeah rocks are good too

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I like throwing jerkbaits and last year I started throwing a red rattle trap with surprising success. You also can't go wrong flipping a jig n pig. I have caught bass in water as cold as 42 degrees flippin a jig.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
waterwolves said:
I like throwing jerkbaits and last year I started throwing a red rattle trap with surprising success. You also can't go wrong flipping a jig n pig. I have caught bass in water as cold as 42 degrees flippin a jig.
i like white color rattle traps, and i like the red and black ones... i do more of a jerk retrieve witht them..
jig and pig is always money, most people know the right colors to use, some dont...

what color jerk baits do you guys like?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts