Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

letter to TU

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  roadkill 
#1 ·
here is a copy of a letter i just sent to the president of a "local chapter" of TU allthough not here in CO it will be interesting to see if i get a response which i will ofcourse post here

there has been much said of TU and i wonder what TU has to say heres there chance

" hi
i am very interested in working to protect and restore trout fisheries but have been hesitant to join due to negitive statments from some saying that TU is strictly flyfishing C/R
have heard mention that TU wants all trout waters to be flyfishing only! now i fly fish on ocassion but due to a shoulder injury am not able to as much as i like and have picked up the spinning rod for much of my fishing these days

as to C/R only for trout which i have heard but have not seen on any of TUs web sites. i can see C/R only in some areas but properly managed harvest is benifical to the fishery

as i said this negitive info about TU is all hearsay that is why i have asked you directly if this is how you and TU feel i respect that but would be unable to suport that and would look to join a more balanced organization

thank you for your time"

See less See more
#2 ·
you mean you noticed my lack of gramer and spelling? math and science are my strong points definatly not english

#3 ·
#5 ·
PETA whats that stand for People that Enjoy Tasting Animals?

#9 ·
Awwe, come on guys....... Just because we become 12 yrs old again when we're fishing doesn't mean we have to be like that here.. J/K..

Ok, I think we'll all agree to stop at this point and wait for the TU response to roadkill. ;)

#11 ·
Of course their OFFICIAL stance isn't to promote flies only or no bait waters, or to promote killing other gamefish like pike to supposedly protect trout. But I guarantee you, go to a meeting and several of them, if not many of them, will talk of things like this, such as taking away bait waters and wanting rid of pike.

#13 ·
fishingkats said:
so have you gone to alot of their meetings iceintheveins??
Yes I have, six of them. Actually we agree on two issues, which are opening all water supply lakes to public fishing, non motorized boating, and ice fishing. We also agree, though to a lesser degree, to being able to wade and anchor on all navigable streams where the banks are private. There is less support for that because many of the people are those higher income guys that want to promote their land as a private club.

I have never yelled or been rude in any meeting, and for the most part I didn't say anything because I was trying to make a point about opening our lakes.

#14 ·
so TU does have some good points?

by the way no response yet
if i was the pres of some club even a local chapter i would do better than that, well il give em a break maybe he's out on a fishing vaction and hasnt checked his mail

#15 ·
dang near ten days since i sent email and it did not bounce but no reply unfortunately this kinda tells me something boat how they operate my question didnt even deserve a reply i geuss?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.