Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of LEWS bait casting reels that have been fine for me.
I need a new Spinning reel and I'm considering a LEWS spinning reel for about $80.00.
Anyone have good or bad reviews on LEWS?
I have had good results with Shimano. Less favorable results with Pfluger and Diawa

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Surprised you don't like the Pfluger reels Mike-I have a couple of presidents-their $60 reel and they are smooth as silk. I also have a bunch of Shimanos and they have given good service.

If you have some Pflugers you want to get rid of let me know. I was getting ready to break down and buy a higher end Pfluger anyway.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
President

I ended up buying a President. For some reason LEWS is hard to find in the Colorado Springs area.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Tacklewarhouse has them-no sales tax, free shipping.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Earplug,

Sportsman's Warehouse normally has Lew's. But lot's of times you have to buy the rod/reel combo. I picked one up last year. Nice reel for the price. Pretty smooth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Used Diawa reels for years, but switched over to Abu Garcia and find that their much sturdier and can take a beating especially the bail wire.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Resurrecting this thread rather than start a new one.

Looking for updated or additional feedback regarding Lew's? I am considering a low cost option vs. the Pflueger. Or additional options. The one I have found is a Lew's American Hero combo for $60

One of my favorite ultralight combos is an Ugly Stick GX2 so I am not particularly scared of low cost options (my Pflueger was $90-100). I also have a $17 Shakespeare that has landed many fish, but even those are sold out.

I purposely left my ultralights in the UP thinking I would grab new replacements when I got to Arkansas, only to find them out everywhere in town.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Pflueger President ultralight and its smooth as silk. My bass rod is the Shimano Sedona, also very nice.

The shimano is on an Ugly GX2 7ft, love that rod, I have two actually. The ultralight is on a Browning 7ft......Im less than happy with the quality of it. Eyelets are slightly off and it fucks with my OCD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts