Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just a quick question. I’m kinda arguing with a friend about this right now. If you are caught fishing without a license, your rod will not be confiscated, right? Thanks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good question, I've heard they can take you pole in certain circunstances, but that is second hand info from other fisherman.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
first off why in the hell would someone not have a license as yes the could if they choose confiscate your rod your vehicle and anything else they choose its considered poaching and here in colorado its taken seriously good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks to me like it’s $100 fine, and 10 points on your license, plus $35 per animal. 5 points for the first fish, and one for each subsequent. 20 points = 5 year ban forfeit of rights.

Also, per the law, yes. The citing officer can seize your rod, and anything else used to take an animal unlawfully:

§ 33-6-102. Items constituting public nuisance--when--seizure
(1) Every motor vehicle, vessel, firearm, seine, net, trap, explosive, poisonous or stupefying substance, or other personal property used in the hunting, taking, or harassing of wildlife in violation of the provisions of articles 1 to 6 of this title is declared to be a public nuisance. Every such item shall be subject to seizure, confiscation, and forfeiture or destruction as provided in this section, unless the possession of said property is not unlawful and the owner of said property was not a party to the violation and would suffer undue hardship by the sale, confiscation, or destruction of the property

1 - 5 of 5 Posts