Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a PFD to wear when I am float-tubing...any recomendations??
left_turn56

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
They make some that are like the military LBV vests which have pokets and stuff on them so you can hold tackle and what not. The only thing I dont like about inflatable ones is, what if, some drunken speed boater comes flying around a corner (your back to them) and runs over you. If you get knocked out you cannot inflate your PFD.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
ePiC said:
They make some that are like the military LBV vests which have pokets and stuff on them so you can hold tackle and what not. The only thing I dont like about inflatable ones is, what if, some drunken speed boater comes flying around a corner (your back to them) and runs over you. If you get knocked out you cannot inflate your PFD.
Except that you can buy the AUTO inflate models that will inflate when submerged. :)
Haha I can see it now the seat in the bottom of my belly boat snags on something and tears as I'm getting into the lake. After I get deeper it rips one side and I fall in a little, the PFD thinks I'm drowning and BOOM inflates. Pinning my arms inside the float tube above my head with my eye's barily able to see over the top of the flaot tube. Ahhh the strage sight that would be as I leave the lake.

Ok I have over active imagination I know.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
You could just kill two birds with one stone and use a 1eyered float tube which in turn is a lifejacket.

LoL, J/k eye...your hardcore!!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ive seen some that are taylored to the white water rafting crowd very non resrictive and some have lots of pockets

as to the selfing flatting ones if you get run over buy the boat it would inflate but the prop would pop the bladder then your back to the begining O well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts