Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Kenny.......why don't you just Go..........fishing or something.

I'm interested, even though it's probably something they found that resembles life here on earth 1,000,000 years ago, on the cellular level.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Koldkut said:
I'm interested, even though it's probably something they found that resembles life here on earth 1,000,000 years ago, on the cellular level.
Still means life off earth though. Still ET. ;)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You put the Foxnews link above the CBS one. I just cannot believe these right wing nuts..will they ever give it a rest?

D.J.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
djfisherman2 said:
You put the Foxnews link above the CBS one. I just cannot believe these right wing nuts..will they ever give it a rest?

D.J.
Yeah I suppose you are right. But in this case, it's not political so there's no BS. It's actually scientific. Definitely weird....science being reported by fox news.... >:D

Oh well...it's simply a notification that there is a press conference tomorrow. They didn't have to use their brains for any of it. ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Kyle - do a little research on The Drake Equation, a lil formula to predict how many possible planets harbor life. If you think our own galazy alone holds over 400 billion stars, and just a half percent of them have planets in a hospitable zone.... thats thousands just here, now there are hundreds of billions of galaxies out there, if a half percent of those.......... you get the idea.
To think this rock we are on is the ONLY place with life you are sadly mistaken.. The only reason we havent seen direct provable evidence of them is simple time/distance. If we sent a craft, even at light speed to the nearest galaxy ( andromeda) the human race would be near extinction by the time we got a reply back saying "we found em!!"

I've always marveled at NASA's search for life - we keep looking for and expect to find ourselves, not something that may be life we dont recognise.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
djfisherman2 said:

D.J.
Yeah I suppose you are right. But in this case, it's not political so there's no BS. It's actually scientific. Definitely weird....science being reported by fox news.... >:D

Oh well...it's simply a notification that there is a press conference tomorrow. They didn't have to use their brains for any of it. ;)
:D Are you saying there is no "BS" in "science"? Who would of thunk it...

D.J.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jim -

Yep that's along the lines I was thinking today. You would have to be straight retarded to think that there isn''t other life out there. If you take religion out of the equation, there's absolutely no way that anyone should fathom that there isn't life.

I heard on the news today some ridiculous number that they have estimated for the number of stars in the known universe. Can't even remember the number but I think they said a 4 followed by 23 zeros. That's how many stars. And we have already found....what....400 exoplanets in the short time that we have been looking for them? Life is going to be extremely abundant. How obtuse would someone have to be to think otherwise with how vast the universe is? This is just my opinion though...based on common sense.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts