Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once in a great while something so wtf/random happens while fishing. I literally fly fished this little fella out of the sky. Check this out!

·
P I K E
10,099 Posts
LOL...I once caught a goose while pike fishing, flew right into my cast and wrapped my best buzzbait around it's neck and took off with it!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL...I once caught a goose while pike fishing, flew right into my cast and wrapped my best buzzbait around it's neck and took off with it!
Oh man, almost spit my coffee reading your response. Hope it was able to get off.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Once in a great while something so wtf/random happens while fishing. I literally fly fished this little fella out of the sky. Check this out!

I've done that before. For me the bird was just tangled in the leader and not hooked. I was able to net him, untangle him and he flew off ok. Was your bird ok?

·
P I K E
10,099 Posts
Oh man, almost spit my coffee reading your response. Hope it was able to get off.
LOL...No never got it back. It almost spooled me and with about 5 other boats watching the show I cut the line and let it go afraid to get a ticket for hunting out of season. When I told the ranger about it he laughed and said it happens all the time, I told him if the find a dead goose I really want that buzzbait back!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes my bird survived lol. I'm sure it only got caught by another fisherman. Pikester, I'm sure that goose is swimming around with a buzz all the time now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts