Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Definitely a good way to end the day!! I've been having issues recently with smaller bass hitting my big baits, not that catching small ones is a problem but some of them get all fucked up with the 3 sets of treble in mouth, gill, and gut. The only reason I braught that up is cause I see in the last pic it was in his gills a little too so it makes me feel better im not the only one this happens to>:D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It actually missed his gill, but I have been having the same issues. I had one the other day, maybe a 10 incher, get hooked in its mouth on the 1st hook and somehow hooked its tail on the last hook. It felt like I was realing in a drift sock!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Hungry little fellas.... You catch bass on everything you throw in that pond?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hungry little fellas.... You catch bass on everything you throw in that pond?
Depends on the day. I just left there, tried every thing I had with no luck. It is a pretty awesome pond though, 2-3lbs all day most days :thumb:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
It actually missed his gill, but I have been having the same issues. I had one the other day, maybe a 10 incher, get hooked in its mouth on the 1st hook and somehow hooked its tail on the last hook. It felt like I was realing in a drift sock!
Oh I have had to same thing happen, a couple days ago I had one hooked in the mouth, stomach, and tail. He couldn't even move and felt bigger reeling him in than he really was!! Your pond seems freaking sweet though, every bass you post, even if small, is extremely healthy!! What is the baitfish in the pond you know?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a ton crawfish and small green sunfish. There's a lot bullfrogs in there too. I mostly see crawfish getting spit out though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts