Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a fun day... Only one fish, but it was a good one.

A little video to go along with it.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Weather was perfect today... 55 and sunny.

Later this week it drops to the 40s and wet, so we had to take advantage of this day.

As for the net, there are some 8 pound cats in there and we were using 6 pound line. Just wanted to be prepared. ;)

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Looks like a good time for the kid!! I was also going to comment about the net for the bluegill.... The 1st time i think I have ever seen anyone net a bluegill before LMAO.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it was really just our routine. My son likes to "be the net guy" when I catch fish and he insists I "be the net guy" when he catches fish... You can hear it in the video.

"Be the net guy" he says.

:)

But yea, it is pretty ridiculous.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Well, it was really just our routine. My son likes to "be the net guy" when I catch fish and he insists I "be the net guy" when he catches fish... You can hear it in the video.

"Be the net guy" he says.

:)

But yea, it is pretty ridiculous.
You can bet if my boy was yelling for me to grab the net i would grab it regardless of the type/size of the fish :)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx guys.

We aren't able to get out fishing much these days, so I was glad we at least got one.

Threw Kastys and tube jigs as well... Even had a little Hula Popper on for a little bit. Just weird out here. Gotta get the waters and patterns figured out for next year. Since no ice here, winter fishing is gonna suck ass. We will still fish, but I don't expect much.

Today it is 63 degrees, tomorrow will be 63 degrees, Wednesday through Sunday will be below freezing. :)

Good times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts