Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My niece and nephew are in town for a few days, and they don't get to fish much... I wanted to take them out and catch some fish today, and so we did just that, "braving" the elements on a 50 degree day. ;) We found a nice pocket of panfish and none were under 9". That's a nice feeling.

Biggest of the day was Keira's. It was her second fish ever, and she caught a whopper at 11" and over a pound and a half. Pretty fun on ultralight gear.

:)

They really had fun,, and I had a blast watching them have fun. There is TRULY nothing more pure than the joy of a kid experiencing the outdoors.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
God stuff
Big gills

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Only fished for a half hour until the kids decided they'd rather run and play in the field, but it was enough time to get some memories and pictures. :)

And yea... Definitely beats the crap out of sitting inside.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
um ... those gills look so big, they look fake. haha, i want a turn!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx fellas. :)

My niece wants to go back out today and go fishing, but I have to work. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a lifelong hobby for her.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Wow!

Looks rough out in those elements :thumb:

Great job

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are kind of cheating...

The pic of my son... The one with the sun shining into the picture... On the left side, above the fish... That white building... That's my house. :)

Private counts when kids are involved.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My niece and nephew are in town for a few days, and they don't get to fish much... I wanted to take them out and catch some fish today, and so we did just that, "braving" the elements on a 50 degree day. ;) We found a nice pocket of panfish and none were under 9". That's a nice feeling.

Biggest of the day was Keira's. It was her second fish ever, and she caught a whopper at 11" and over a pound and a half. Pretty fun on ultralight gear.

They really had fun,, and I had a blast watching them have fun. There is TRULY nothing more pure than the joy of a kid experiencing the outdoors.[/QUOTE]

^^^ Amen! Good to hear from you boss. Holy crap that's buck? He leaving for college soon? I hit that lake we iced last winter the other day. Couldn't find the brooks but a tiger and 3 cuttys? Wtf. Hope you and yours are well

·
Registered
385 Posts

They really had fun,, and I had a blast watching them have fun. There is TRULY nothing more pure than the joy of a kid experiencing the outdoors.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear from you boss. Holy crap that's buck? He leaving for college soon? I hit that lake we iced last winter the other day. Couldn't find the brooks but a tiger and 3 cuttys? Wtf. Hope you and yours are well

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They grow quick, Dan... That's for sure. Glad to know there are still a few tigers up there, but I am surprised you didn't get any brookies!!!

Hope to catch up with ya when I get back out there for vacation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts