Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and hit a little pond in golden next to the library off washington street. Caught about 20 crappie fisrt on flo. green tube jigs tipped with crappie nibbles and then on just about any dry I threw at them. Fun way to kill and afternoon the biggest one was only about 8 inches or so.

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Cool! If they were bigger I'd be there! I fished the lake in wash park one time and caught all the 7-8" crappiy and sunfish I wanted.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I know that pond, fished it a few years ago. I think it does not have many fish, but the ones that are there, are not very bright and keep coming back for more and more.

Dan

·
Registered
30 Posts
where exactly is this pond, because i work down town Golden and the only one i can think of is directly in front of the rec. center, but i thought you couldn't fish in that pond, it'd be awesome if you could inform me.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is off of 8th or 9th and washington right across the street is the kayak park. This pond is kind of a sleeper because not many people fish it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Boomer-

Are you from Idaho Springs? Did you used to guide at Tony Sarp's place in Alaska? If so, send me a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts