Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

First and foremost I am very excited to be apart of this awesome forum (first time posting but love all the information I have picked up). I live in Broomfield and I am very limited on the type of water I can hit (mostly pond). I drove up to the boulder area this Sunday to give it a go.

I started off with a 7' ribbon tail pumpkin seed worm on a 2/0 hook. Had a couple nibbles from some sunfish but nothing I was searching for. Due to the amount of vegetation, I decided to switch over to my expertise... FROGGIN!

I only had 2 blow up but I landed both of them. Not the biggest but big enough to get my heart pumping. If anyone has any recommendation on local ponds in the northern Denver area, please let me know.

Thanks and keep rippin lips!

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Good way to start out here....posting a report. Good job. You're in the wrong state for frogging tho lol

WS is right. You'll get jumped here for stuff like that. Just the way it is. Same with the glory-hounding on youtube....naming locations in a state with less than ideal access to good water will just get you harassed. Maybe you're okay with that...but just letting you know :D

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good way to start out here....posting a report. Good job. You're in the wrong state for frogging tho lol

WS is right. You'll get jumped here for stuff like that. Just the way it is. Same with the glory-hounding on youtube....naming locations in a state with less than ideal access to good water will just get you harassed. Maybe you're okay with that...but just letting you know :D

Good luck!
Haha thanks for the advice. However, I have caught some of my biggest fish in Colorado with a frog. I find early morning overcasts seem to be great. Especially with the amount of vegetation on some of these ponds. I look forward to posting more fishing reports

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you're going to frog fish, try the north end of Lonetree. There is a tackle shop in Berthod called "Bennett's" go talk to the owner, he'll point you in the right direction

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was just in Bennett's a week ago and he(Bob) gave me a thorough fishing report for the Northern area. It seems you can't keep the Smallies off the hook at Horsetooth, you can catch them off the bank but it's better to have a boat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts