Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to call CDOW later but figured I'd ask the wise men first. I bought minnows last week, ANS inspector said my receipt is only good for 7 days. Where does it say in the CDOW regs the bait is only good for 7 days? I read the brochure. Article H. 2. 4. "All live baitfish from a commercial source and transported by anglers must at all times be accompanied by a receipt from the source." That's it nothing about a time restriction.

What do u guys think?

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Due to the horrid inconsistencies and ignorance of their own rules, I have gone to lying about everything. I have also gone to following the rules and doing all the things that they are trying to accomplish, I just don't tell them anything because of the shitshow. It's a shame having to explain this to my son. That said, the system is horribly flawed and the people they hire are less than qualified for the most part.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm with Oyey.

Do you have an ancher? "No" (Yes, I do)
Do you have a live well? "No" (Yes, if they press I show my bait tank)
Do you have live bait? "No" (Yes, however the receipt is 7 days old)
Did you catch fish? "No" (Of course I did!)

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Due to the horrid inconsistencies and ignorance of their own rules, I have gone to lying about everything. I have also gone to following the rules and doing all the things that they are trying to accomplish, I just don't tell them anything because of the shitshow. It's a shame having to explain this to my son. That said, the system is horribly flawed and the people they hire are less than qualified for the most part.
What he said ^

Ive been burned too many times by following the rules. Ive been through their stupid decon process more times than i care to think about.....because I fish Pueblo a lot (which seems to be a swear word to most of these guys still)

I know what their BS is about and I am consistent about following the rules on my own time....without their idiocy getting in my way.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
never ever tell them you have live bait unless your into wasting money.for some reason only boaters are checked for live bait. they never check shore fisherman or ice fisherman.just remember the great Colorado ans program got rid of the mussels in pueblo. quite a feat, considering no other state has been able to accomplish that.and last years water flees were finally declared natural in every lake that exist.isnt it funny how lakes like lone tree ,Lon hagler and bodecker don't have any invasive species and boat inspections. what a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I support what they are trying to accomplish, but the methods leave so much to be desired.

I will give credit to the fact that so far they have been able to keep out the quagga and zebra. But I do think it is inevitable that we will be co contaminated as well.

I haven't used an anchor in I don't know how long so I just deny having one. I also will never admit to Powell being the last lake I was at - even though I always to go the HQ on Broadway to be decontaminated after a trip there.

If you think we have it bad as fisherman, you should see what the wake boats go through. I've never had my Malibu decontaminated in less than an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
this!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Usually I don't tell them but this time I had my receipt and was within the law so no need to lie about it.

Hiep I always like to have bait on my 2nd rod while I cast. A slip bobber or drop shot with bait is always a good option.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Usually I don't tell them but this time I had my receipt and was within the law so no need to lie about it.

Hiep I always like to have bait on my 2nd rod while I cast. A slip bobber or drop shot with bait is always a good option.
See, this is what I mean... You had your receipt and were within the law. I have been in exactly that situation, only to have the brainchild inspector come up with some nonsense in his own head why I am not.. then it leads to 15 minutes of fixing the issue. This has happened to me twice, so now I lie. Again, I follow the rules, I just enforce them on myself and let the inspectors believe they have done their jobs proper.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
See, this is what I mean... You had your receipt and were within the law. I have been in exactly that situation, only to have the brainchild inspector come up with some nonsense in his own head why I am not.. then it leads to 15 minutes of fixing the issue. This has happened to me twice, so now I lie. Again, I follow the rules, I just enforce them on myself and let the inspectors believe they have done their jobs proper.
Agreed Jason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts