Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
CHRIS said:
Koni, I wouldn't fish the river there due to the sewage plant further up stream releasing water into it, lot's of floaties if you know what I mean. Next time your in the area just take a wiff.
;D Ha Ha Ha!!! Hey thanks for reminding me of that...we did get a big wiff as we walked under the bridge there...to me it was kinda a creepy looking area anyway.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nawanda said:
    fishingKats,

About these "aerators".   Is the inexpensive model sold for the bucket okay? 
Nawanda, probably, since you will be putting it on a bait bucket.
We have 3 aerators, all 3 different brands and all 3 work just fine.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
FishinKats,

I'm asking about these "aerators" which I've never used. I need to keep'em alive ya know... :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
I kept an aerator on a fish tank holding about 24 crawdads in it, and it ran non-stop for about 5 days before i had to change the batteries in it.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
koni said:
CHRIS said:
Koni, I wouldn't fish the river there due to the sewage plant further up stream releasing water into it, lot's of floaties if you know what I mean. Next time your in the area just take a wiff.
;D Ha Ha Ha!!! Hey thanks for reminding me of that...we did get a big wiff as we walked under the bridge there...to me it was kinda a creepy looking area anyway.
How do you think those fish got so big!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not from eatting floating terds if that's what you mean. They stock the lakes with fish every year, from what i was told, and never allowed fishing there till last year. The fish are big because they have been in there a long time, and have had time to grow.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
You know if I was to use perch I'd take a trip upto Blue Mesa and try to take some threw the ice. There is a no bag limit on perch at Blue Mesa, if you do think about it perch threw the ice are usually taken right on the bottom.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just gotta say that i am excited about my worm farm! ;D It is doing great so far, i took out about 24 good sized worms from it to take with us on Tues. out to Union, had some left so i put them back into the farm and they took no time at retreating underground.

My worm farm is made out of a converted fish tank, filled with worm soil, cardboard sheets, and shredded paper. It has a mesh bottom to it for drainage. I keep it in the basement where its cool and dark, and so far the worms are growing pretty nicely.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Koni,

I've been told, that if you add Garlic, or Anise flavor, etc to the worm bed, your worms will be a more powerful attractant. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
FishingKats,

Come come now. Bananas, for real? Are you having us on a bit?

(and are you gonna give me a hint on where the really big Cats are down there at John Martin, the River....nudge nudge)

Let's see, I've got ...mmm....lunch....tackle....mmm.....bag of gold?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
yes bannanas

i did say j martin spillway right by the dam
thats where i put my bait right next to the dam

·
Registered
173 Posts
I found this article on how people use worms in thier compost pile, anyway, 1 pound of worms decomposes 1/2 pound of food scraps, like vegetable food scraps, potatoe peelings, orange peelings, old bread, tea and coffee grounds etc. So yeah, bananas would work for sure.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
see i told you bannanas

so im not bannanas for putting bannanas with my worms
i think they taste better with bannanas

·
Registered
173 Posts
Has anyone here ever heard of or tried fishing with gold fish as bait? I don't know if that's legal or not, never heard anyone here mention it, and most people use them as pets, but carp are part of the gold fish family, but i do know of people who use them to catch big flatheads.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts