Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished a pond close to home this afternoon. I tried using a grub and jig but could not get a nibble . Tried fishing some tubes...no luck. Tried the senko and BAM..it was on!!.

I just fished really close to some fallen timber and tried to fish as slow as I could stand. It paid off. 5 Bass in all.

little guy but good fight!

This one measured up at 17 inches. Put up a really good fight....tested my drag.

incher...another good fighter

I lost about 3 worms in all due to the bass's head shaking...it was pretty funny to see a plastic worm get shot off the hook and land several feet away.

Thought Id share,

Pondfisher

·
Registered
204 Posts
What pond where you at? Been out quite a few times to some ponds by my house (littleton) and have done well on some nice sized bass. Fishing places I havent fished since I got my drivers liscense

·
Registered
664 Posts
Nice Pondfisher. It looks like we've come to the same conclusions in the past few days. I have been fishing local ponds as well and found that the senko is the #1 item on the menu. It even looks like we're using the same color.

Over the past 2 days I ended up with a couple 16", one 17", one 18" and one 19" along with quite a few in the 13-15" range. I was pretty stoked to catch 2 Master Angler bass in 2 days! Love those bass, keep it up.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I caught these at Riverbend in Ft. Collins. The water is really stained and I didnt think the worm would do well....I need to remind myself that a blind bass still fills its belly.

And yes Farmer Ted I think we are using the same color worm. I am using a green with red flake senko and a red G-Lock worm hook. I dont have much faith in the idea that the color of my hook increases bites...they were just on sale.

Pondfisher

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Really nice fish. I wish there were some good bass ponds in the Springs area. Would rather fish warm water versus cold water any day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice to here someone doing well at riverbend. I have been out there a couple of times in the past few weeks and haven't gotten anything. Even the trusty 7" power worm struck out. I had been dong pretty well with a pumpkin gitzit tube jig everywhere else but riverbend. Guess it's time to buy a senko or two. Are you texas rigging them or wacky rigging?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts