Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to my carp hole today ....I go there to break a slump or to just have fun ......Its off 72nd and broadway kinda by mickeys steakhouse ....I use lightwire hooks (not sure the size ill get back to ya ) and plain old white bread ...it must be wonderbread they wont bite anything else (if you believe that personal message me I've got a few things for sale!!!!) I caught 6 in an hour and a half ...all around 20 inches . They are bigger ones in there just didnt get any today ....If you want an easy place to take kids or test out equipment this is a fun lake.....I also caught a few small bass in the back lake ....Here is a pic of my brother inlaw and one of the carp we caught



here is a pic of the front lake
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
Those are some nice looking ponds, fighting carp is a good time and letting the kids hook into some bigger ones is a blast. Good report.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good going! Cut 'em up and you got a lot of cat bait. Have you ever tried my corn recipe? Mix 1 cup cooking vanilla and 1 cup strawberry Nesquik with one pound sweet corn. Takes a few seconds to make and it cheap. Good Luck!
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks catmann....Im actually going grocery shopping tommorow and im gonna get everything to make it ....I forgot about the cutbait but next time ill save a fish
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It isn't mush, Ken! Silly guy! The corn is flavored with it and if you let it sit a couple days it soaks in really good. Also, for FG, just cut your carp in half, put them in one gallon bags, and mail them to me! lol
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres one from the back pond at big t ponds .......

 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got the stuff ......gonna let it sit ...couldnt wait got bored !!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
catmann29 said:
It isn't mush, Ken! Silly guy! The corn is flavored with it and if you let it sit a couple days it soaks in really good. Also, for FG, just cut your carp in half, put them in one gallon bags, and mail them to me! lol
To rig it you just hook several kernels then?
Yeah, thats what he is talking about... I do almost the same thing with shrimp for cats, its just to add more smelly stuff to the corn.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, you just thread them up on a hook until the point is covered. I use a size #4 circle hook most of the time. But when they are really going I use a 1/0 hook fully loaded.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
catmann29 said:
Yeah, you just thread them up on a hook until the point is covered. I use a size #4 circle hook most of the time. But when they are really going I use a 1/0 hook fully loaded.
Where'd you find #4 circle hook? all I can find is 1 and 2's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,266 Posts
Is this a local place to fish or are you dodging golf balls?

Can you PM or post directions? Id love to get into some carp this weekend.


[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get off I 25 at 58th ...turn north on broadway ...follow that up to 72nd(it may be 74th) then turn west and its a couple blocks up on the left .
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that's not the one I was talking about. The Bennetts I go to is just north of Berthoud on Highway 287.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,755 Posts
catmann29 said:
that's not the one I was talking about. The Bennetts I go to is just north of Berthoud on Highway 287.
Great store. Every time I go there for 1 or 2 items, I end up spending an hour and a half just looking at everything in the store, trying out the rods, etc. My wife has been incredibly patient with me so far. She goes around and looks at all the stuff too.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With a crazy guy like you, Walking Eagle, your wife must be patient! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,755 Posts
catmann29 said:
With a crazy guy like you, Walking Eagle, your wife must be patient! ;)
My wife is very helpful to me, I learn things from her. Here is something I learned from her just last week:

Even if you think your fishing truck has a low tire, do not start up the air compressor right under the bedroom window at 4 a.m.

:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,229 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
catmann29 said:
With a crazy guy like you, Walking Eagle, your wife must be patient! ;)
My wife is very helpful to me, I learn things from her. Here is something I learned from her just last week:

Even if you think your fishing truck has a low tire, do not start up the air compressor right under the bedroom window at 4 a.m.

:D
Why not?

Dan
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ONly you would do something like that, Walking Eagle! Guess that means no 4:00 am rides on the Harley for you, huh?
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top