Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions to take the young'uns out and keep them entertained? The trout fishing isn't fast enough to hold their interest long enough, and I'm not familiar enough with Barr Lake here in Brighton to get them on fish and hold their interest. There are a zillion little ponds around, anyone have locations, lures/jigs/bait combo's to share with a NOOB??

Stan.

F

·
0 Posts
there has been a few posts about the rec center pond .....I guess its just loaded with little crappies ....normal stuff like pieces of a crawler or little flies will work just fine ...ive also heard of a few bass coming out

·
Registered
943 Posts
the brighton rec center pond.? catfish in there as well

F

·
0 Posts
yup same pond...Ive caught a few cats in there but nothing like the fish kokaneeing brothers caught ..he said they were over 10lbs

·
Registered
943 Posts
thats a very small pond the cats must enjoy eating crappies as much as the rest of us ;D

F

·
0 Posts
yea ive wonderd how the cats get so big in there ....ive even questioned it ...but ive seen a bunch of crawdads in that pond so maybe thats it ......

·
Registered
943 Posts
mmmmmmmm crappie and crawdads all i need is some beer and i am set :D

·
Registered
988 Posts
You should go ty it out. Use them pink jigs that come in the clear little container. Forgot the name. Try fishing next to the water jets. Bring your flies also. GL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What flies? Have a fair selection of nymphs and buggers/leeches. Should I try a floating line or will a slow to intermedite sink work....maybe I'll just head out there one of these evenings. Will the boys be able to see the fish in the water? I think that is going to be the main thing in keeping them interested.

Stan.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i dont know where you are located but, there are plenty of big blue gill and crappie including bass of both kinds, down here in littleton the lake i recomend is called johnson lake its located on wadsworth and bowls just south of mervyns. a little bobber with worms will do the trick every cast is a definant bite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts