Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say, my 5 and 7 yr old boys are begging me to take them fishing. Me wifes sickn tired of my weekend long trips so I agreed to take them somewhere closer to home. IMO quail lake and prospect lake are a joke, so my question is there anywhere else w/in 35 min drive I could take them for some good fishing? What should we use? Any good spots in pueblo/canyon city? I am somewhat new to the area too. Thanks!

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
I would say either Rampart Reservoir or the Catamounts/Crystal?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great thanks. i thought catamounts were closed as of oct1.
As far as Rampart, anyone fish out there lately? are boats allowed?

thanks for all the good info!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Boats are allowed at rampart. What kind of fishing do you want to do? Valco Ponds in Pueblo, Pueblo Res, Brush Hollow, 2 Reserviors off the Pikes Peak toll road, Pikeview (in colorado springs but fishes just like quail and prospect, except they have tiger muskies), Monument lake, Arkansas river below pueblo, above pueblo, and in Canon City. Those are probably all with in 35 mins. including slayer's post.
Within an hour there are a ton more, including reserviors on the south side of Denver area, which you dont hit much traffic. But it would be better to point you in a direction if we know what type of fishing you like.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for the great info epic!!! is pikeview that bit of water off gog between i25 and nevada? can you shorefish for muskie there? what do you use?

thanks alot

might try rampart too....thats in woodland park right?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yeah pikeview is the one off GOG by Nevada... I havent caught one there yet havent fished there since the spring... The people that I talked to that caught them mostly caught them on minnows. They say muskies are a fish of a 1000 casts so good luck.

Rampart is up the one up in Woodland Park... Take rampart range road, this road also ends up in Garden of the Gods but may need high clearence vehicle depending on weather and conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts