Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Took my boy to Willow Springs Ponds(larger one) and his first solo all by himself fish came to him on a #14 olive gold ribbed Hare's ear under a clear bubble.
I had intended to hit the Arkansas by myself, but the look in his eyes persuaded me tag along with him to the "pond" as he is only 5 years old and not quite ready for that slippery old river.
I was having trouble talking him into letting his bait sit on the bottom long enough to wait for a fish to bite when a clear bubble came floating over by us. I snagged it with the tippet on my fly line, rigged his rod with the Hare's Ear and the game was on. He was STOKED when he brought this in. In this pic he's holding the fish by a snelled hook leader from someone before us. I showed him how to clip the line and assured him the fish would be o.k. and that the hook would rust out after we released him. This was last Sunday.
Day before yesterday I took him again after work. Rigged him up with a Meat Whistle and he hooked into something that nearly tore the rod out of his hands. We never got to see what it was as it spit the hook, but the boy is hooked. Mama is gonna be a lonely woman this summer.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
On flies to boot!...that is soooooooo awesome!

You didnt put your sons name!...tell your son great job!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts