Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe yet to hit places like Cherry Creek and Chatfield durning the day on a weekend? Now that the weather has cooled and night fishing isn't as enjoyable and my fishing partner just had a baby.(well his wife did). I hardly ever get a day off durning the week so need to start thinking about days to take the boat out. Has it calmed down yet or do I still need to wait??

ThX

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

D

·
0 Posts
Just go out early. Campingkids and I were on Chatfield early Sunday morning for a few hours. Not much traffic until about 10:30 or so. Then the wackos started hitting the water in force. Fishing was fine, but the catching sucked. We marked fish, but didn't get a hit. Surface temp 64 degrees.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Jay,

Don is right go out early, its pretty tame then. The other thing is hope for cooler weather, that does more to keep people of the lake than anything.

It has been sooooo nice the last couple of times I went out. Calm water most of the time, quiet, I just need to catch more.

Dan

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Jay-IF the weather was getting cooler, it would lessen the crowds. But we have been having near record heat this past week or so and I don't dare go out to Pueblo on the weekends yet. Tomorrow (Wednesday) were supposed to set a record here in CS of upper 80's but it does show it cooling down after that. We need some truly colder weather to make the water skiers and jetskiers hang it up-haven't had it yet.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
my local waters (deweese) are just about abandoned been getting quite chilly at night up here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts