Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the fishing up at Loch Lomond right now? I went up there last Monday and caught a brookie from the shore but it was pretty damn windy. I'm pretty sure I can borrow my bosses canoe and was curious how the fishing is out in the middle of the lake. I assume early morning and evenings are best? I want to take my step son out, he's 16 and been fishing a dozen times or so and has never caught a fish and I want to break his dry spell. I received a bunch of other suggestions today too but I just really liked it up there, it's so quiet and beautiful and not too far of a drive for me. I was also thinking Green Mountain Res but it's a 2 hour drive for me and it'd probably best to camp. Cherry Creek is just down the road from me, I hear eyes and bows are hitting there right now..... Any thoughts on where I can take my kid to pop his cherry? :D

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Can't speak to "right now", but there are better places to break the kid in. Evergreen on a weekday, for instance.

Loch Lomond is beautiful, and has fish, but not the easiest lake in the world. A canoe and depth finder will certainly help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts