Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I was at Ice Lake on July 23rd one year and it was still frozen!

F

·
0 Posts
Hiked up to ice lake a couple of summers ago. Wasn't frozen but just as I got up there (and started breathing somewhat normal again) the lighting started and I beat a hasty retreat- It don't have far to go to get to you up there! On the way down, a little black ferrot kind of critter challanged me for the trail. I kicked dust at him and he snarled at me then the lightning hit again and we both decided someone bigger than both of us would have the last say.

·
Registered
267 Posts
yeah ive been in a storm up there too! it's creepy eh? you can see cutthrought from the bank at ice lake but they are very lethargic. flyfisherman have the advantage up there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I went on an early season scouting trip to Loch Lomond on Sunday 5/20/06. The 4X4 road was open until the stream crossing. From that point we hiked on snow up to the lake. To my disappointment the lake was frozen solid. A few feet of open water existed on the south-west side, but it was only a few inches deep and no activity. I suggested to my wife that we attempt for the last day to ice fish record but she knew better than that. Still a nice hike.

We drove down Clear Creek Canyon on the way back to town so I could check out the runoff conditions. The creek was brown, giant waves with lots of debris and kayakers. I did see some ***** in a one chamber, childes blow up tube, walking down to the river; I hope he had a wife to make him think twice.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I might try ice lake this year,prolly early august would be good. Doesn't look like many people make it up there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts