Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a lock to deter theft of my Minn Kota Terrova. Something that would replace the nut that holds the motor into the bracket.

Is this what I need? Or is there something else that would be a better solution.

http://mk.factoryoutletstore.com/details/0-47088/minn-kota-1810241.html

I usually remove the motor from the bow when I am towing the boat so that I can use my travel cover, so I would like something that is still somewhat easily removeable.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
You remove your motor, so is it on one of those Minnkota slide mounts? If so, you've got a screw with a knurled knob that holds your motor in place when you slide it onto the boat. You can go ahead and drill another similar hole in a different location, big enough for a padlock. The hole goes through the top and bottom of the mount so with the lock in place it can't slide. Those mounts used to come that way, drilled with the second hole for a lock. Current model doesn't have that second hole, maybe to save a little money on production costs.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
x2 what golden rod said. If you have that type of bracket, there should be a holes that are aligned so that you can put a small lock to secure the motor to the mounting bracket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts