Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing to L.H. it was just awesome,trolling, lots of people were fishing of the north shore line.The waterlevel is exelente,all the way full,I was going in circles three times around the Lake no luck with plastic,nightcrawles,rapala,top water lures,nothing at all.As soon I switched to a Tomas Boujand,nickel,silver/blue,1/4oz., I was fine,caught three very nice Trout within twenty minutes or less,all on the north west side ,right before were the inlet is.Saw some Tigermuskies breaking the water over by the bushes on the n.w.side ,but no.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was there around 11:20 until 2:30. I'm going to Douglas Lake this mornig,see if I can catch me some Wipers,one or two be just fine.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
3109elvis said:
I was there around 11:20 until 2:30. I'm going to Douglas Lake this mornig,see if I can catch me some Wipers,one or two be just fine.
We must have crossed paths without knowing it. I was out there from about 9:00 to 12:30. I saw a guy trolling two rods along the northwest edge, was that you?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, W.E.! You didn't give a fishing report about Lon Hagler! How did you do? Did you leave any for me? I heard a rumor that people were catching limits of trout from there. (Like thats hard when you are dealing with four fish! LOL) Please let me know because I'm hoping to get out there soon!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
fatfish said:
Well, W.E.! You didn't give a fishing report about Lon Hagler! How did you do? Did you leave any for me? I heard a rumor that people were catching limits of trout from there. (Like thats hard when you are dealing with four fish! LOL) Please let me know because I'm hoping to get out there soon!
My embarrassment kept me from saying anything. The sun was bright, the water was clear, and the big ones stayed deeper, out of casting distance. Caught half a dozen young, foolish 12" stockers and let them go. With your name on them. :D Overcast days are better, out there. Limits of trout? Yes, but not the trout I wanted.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Walking Eagle said:
3109elvis said:
We must have crossed paths without knowing it. I was out there from about 9:00 to 12:30.  I saw a guy trolling two rods along the northwest edge, was that you?
Yes it was me. ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
fatfish said:
Can someone let me know where I can apprehend some small trout for bait? LOL
Need to get this done before Jan 1st as the regulations change next year and trout cant be used as bait.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If trout can't be used as bait next year does anyone know if bluegill, suckers, sunfish, and perch are allowed or have they been nixed as well.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
They way the wording of the old regs read, there was nothing that said they couldnt be used. But they changed the wording so it was clearer.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
Overcast days are better, out there.
Okay, I lied. :mad: Yesterday was just about as overcast as it was possible to get, so I stopped by Lon Hagler for a couple of hours to try it out. The fishing was as poor as I have ever seen it. A couple of stockers, that's it. Plus I caught one rainbow trout that was 4 inches long, on a spinner that was one and a half inches long. I would have thought the lure would look more like hand-to-hand combat, rather than food. But Dan would have been proud of me, I'm sure.

After that set-back I have to conclude that I know less about fishing than I thought I did.

There is a gal who goes out there, that fishes in her underwear. Has anyone ever seen her? I am not kidding. I have met her 3 times. The first time was on a cold morning and she was fully dressed. Then the sun came out and it started warming up, and she started shedding one piece of clothing, and then another, until finally she was fishing in bare feet and a pair of long-johns. I thought I better leave before the day got any hotter. I met her 2 more times and she did the same thing. We talked, and I kidded her about it, but it didn't bother her. I met her fiance once, a nice guy who loves to fish, so it looks like a good match. He fishes with his clothes on. Just as well.

W. E.

Edited:
P.S. When I say "she fishes in her underwear", I mean to say she fishes in the lake, while dressed in her underwear. Just so there is no misunderstanding. 8)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Well..............
I'll just say that Miss America's title is still safe.......

She maintains that a suit of long underwear provides adequate coverage, and she is right, by modern standards, although my grandparents might have had trouble with the idea.

Still, it's amusing to see someone go trolling past in a boat, and suddenly do a big double take.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts