Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to L.H. on Sat.morning,and put the boat into the water for the first time in the season,it was 7.10a.m.started trolling with a Crocodile Spoone1/4oz.hitting NW;at 7.22a.m I landet a nice Stocker 14''-17''trolled all the way around the Res. nothing in 45min.went back to far west by the sunken Trees and Bushes,put on an ACE spoone 1/4 perch color;caught 4. Bass5"-6" in less than 10min. Lost my ACE in the Bushes.
Moved torward the South shore through out a Rostertail again 1/4oz. tiger color and landed 3.nice Trouts it was just great and than my Cell rang time to come home she said.Some nice fish in 21/2 hrs.not bad .
Wife had to go to Denver on Sat.evening for some Dental Hygiene Seminar,I went to Dowdy first thing on Sun. morning took the boat with me trolled a little pit with nightcrawler on the hookt nothing,dropped the anker near where the Campground with the big,big boulders are went with a Rostertail,nothing,Daredevil,Nothing,Curly Sue,nothing and yes they all where 1/4oz.changed to a Thomas Cyclon red/gold and just knocked them dead it was great lost count of how many I caught somewhere in the 20's
Needles to say that both L.H. and Dowdy especialy L.H.shorelines where filled with peoples; lot of boats at L.H.too.
But I had a good fishing weekend ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hatchmaster said:
Hey elvis it's good to hear from you. Glad you had a great weekend. Was Dowdy 100% ice free?

Yes,Hatch.it was all open, water level is low but not to low,boatramp is usable;you have to watch out for those biga..boulders some of them just coverd enought with water so you can't see'em,be really careful near the campground,and on the far eastside where the House is ;I hit couple of those biga.. boulders and it scared the Sh.. out of me thought I might damaged or even broke the Prop.on my motor,so for anyone how goes there just be careful in those areas. Parvin had a good amound of Bellyboats out there;and some people where fishing by those Rocks you can see from the Road,when you go by,and it is all open too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I was out at Dowdy on Sunday myself with 2 other friends. We went out around 3-4pm and did some trolling. Was a tad chilly outside as it was a little windy, cloudy (threatening rain but never came), and cold. We started out by the dam on Kastmasters (tiger stripe) and RoosterTails (yellow/green). After one pass we had nothing.

Eventually the RoosterTail started getting hit and after we caught 2 on it, we all switched to the bright color RoosterTails. I on the other hand had a 1/8 oz Rainbow colored Meeps. Ended up catching quite a few smaller Rainbows. All in all, we were fishing the very top and the 3 of us limited out and probably let 7 or 8 others go back. Very good day considering the weather. Some day we're going to get a camera to record our catches. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts